Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Roses and Julia Child help with technical difficulties.

Limitation is such a neutral word. I had to change the batteries in my car and home alarm fobs. The last time I did this, I probably had the TV on, was engaged in a conversation, with food cooking on the stove -- and I changed the batteries with no problem.

Not so the other day. I got completely lost. Spent 10 minutes trying to open one of the fobs, then realized it was already open. Put the wrong size battery in each fob. Mixed up the new with the dead batteries. Started to feel the tears coming on.

So I went out in the garden.
Had a talk with God, via roses (Julia Child yellow variety) that are still blooming.
Went to Walgreens and bought another set of batteries.
Came home, fixed some chai tea.
Thought about roses and Julia Child.
Took everything veeeerrrryyy slowly.

Both fobs now have new batteries.

I think it was the roses that did it.
Or maybe Julia Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment