Friday, October 31, 2014

All is well

A long overdue update, but the good news still holds: no further decline in cognitive function. If this is as bad as it gets, with careful attention to details ("Be in the Now" is not just a spiritual exercise -- it's a way of getting through each day) and with acceptance of my limitations -- I will be very much OK!

The Phase 3 LMTX trial will be going 'open label', meaning I will continue on with the trial drug (and I am quite sure I am on the 'real thing' based on my initial reaction to it many months ago) until it gets approved and fast tracked through the FDA

Gratitude
     gratitude
         gratitude

8 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog early this year when I was reading about lmtx and Alzheimer's. I've been popping in here from time to time to see if there were any further updates. I'm very glad to hear good news and it is great that you are doing well. Thanks for giving an update and I hope you continue to do well! It gives us all hope that we are very near to the day when no one will have to have their life robbed from them with this disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eric, and yes, this tau protein inhibitor approach does seem to be working at stopping the progression!

      Delete
  2. Hello Megan

    I, too, come in here now and then to check for updates, and I am so glad to hear that this TauRx drug LMTX is working so well for you!

    I've been following your "journey" for the past more than one year with the TauRx Phase 3 trial and your experience with this drug holds so much hope for all of us. Please do update your blog from time to time!

    Take care. JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,
    So glad to hear that all is well. I mentioned a while ago in a previous post that I was trying to get onto the LMTX study in Autralia. Not successful. However, I have been able to participate in the DAIN TU study for EOAD. Study is a preventative rather than treatment. 20 months of infusions to go before they an open label extension arm is considered. Here is hoping LMTX is on the market before then.

    Thank you so much for your updates. They are truly appreciated. All the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much MG and all the very best to you as well!

      Delete