Wednesday, February 8, 2017

End of the LMTM trial/open label

The results in Lancet were insufficient to convince the sponsor of the trial/open label that I have been involved with, so as of February 23, I will no longer be using LMTM as I have no way of getting the drug anymore,

I had experienced some decline recently; short term memory is much worse, some disorientation. It is not yet debilitating and with the help of my sweetheart and friends, I am doing OK. I am still on Donepezil and Namenda, and am looking for other tau therapy trials. (Why the industry is still pushing amyloid is beyond me or my neurologist's understanding.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan

    The 2nd TauRx 005 LMTX Phase 3 trial has been published in the prestigious Journal of AD - great results! Here's one healthcare commentator's take on it....
    https://mondaymorning.com/2017/12/06/tiny-scottish-biotech-taurx-lobs-bomb-into-alzheimers-fracas-with-phase-3-success/

    Based on the TauRx 005 Phase 3 results, you must go on monotherapy for LMTX to work.

    Hope you can get into the next trial Megan.

    Regards. JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. For more info - Here's the press release on the TauRx second Phase 3 trial on LMTX:
    http://taurx.com/uploads/press%20releases/JAD_005_Press%20Release_website.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second TauRx Phase 3 scientific report as published in the Journal of AD (Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 61 (2018) 435–457, DOI 10.3233/JAD-170560):
    https://content.iospress.com/download/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad170560?id=journal-of-alzheimers-disease%2Fjad170560

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a silent follower. I cared for my father who passed from this disease. He met this challenging time with the same grace that you have. I had been following TauRX for years in hopes it would have been there for my father. Unfortunately to late, therefore I found in you someone I could secretly pull for. I'm saddened by the news that you no longer have the drug. My wish is that you continue to experience the peace and beauty that this world has to offer, not matter the lenses that are put in front of your camera. Your spirit will always shine through.

    ReplyDelete